Date(s) - 03/09/2023 - 03/10/2023
8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Categories No Categories
ASIST is a two-day interactive workshop in suicide first-aid. ASIST teaches participants to recognize when someone may be at risk of suicide and work with them to create a plan that will support their immediate safety. Although ASIST is widely used by healthcare providers, participants don’t need any formal training to attend the workshop—ASIST can be learned and used by anyone.
During the two-day workshop, ASIST participants learn to:
- Understand the ways personal and societal attitudes affect views on suicide and interventions.
- Provide guidance and suicide first-aid to a person at risk in ways that meet their individual safety needs.
- Identify the key elements of an effective suicide safety plan and the actions required to implement it.
- Appreciate the value of improving and integrating suicide prevention resources in the community at large.
- Recognize other important aspects of suicide prevention including life-promotion and self-care.
Location: Rogers Center for Non-Profits 1200 W. Walnut St.Rogers, AR 72758
Cost: $50.00 Contact: Illeah Marcum, email@example.com, 479-365-2141
Participants must attend both days to receive certificate and CEU credit.
Click here register: